01 September, 2012

75th Birthday

Today would have been my Dad's 75th birthday.

September is upon us now, and it heralds the coming of the nostalgic months, a time for reflection and thoughts of new beginnings...

Always a believer that everything happens for a reason, I can't help but sense that I have been presented with the story of Jenny Cavilleri at just the right moment-- on this, Michael Silber's 75th birthday, I am no longer focused on the grief of "being left behind,"but can rather identify with the uncanny peace and clarity of those that move onward.

Happy Birthday Papa.
"Oh the days dwindle down, to a precious few...
September... November...
And these few precious days
I'll spend with you.
These precious days
I'll spend with you..."
                   -- from "September Song"

1 comment:

  1. Experienced Love Story at the Walnut Street Theater last night. It was enchanting and perfectly captured my emotions. Excellent work! I could do it all ver agian tonight.

    Ra

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails